Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about our policies. We look forward to welcoming you the Inn on Main on Cape Cod. For detailed information about our policies, please click Read More.
Policies for Our B&B on Cape Cod, MA
Arrival & Departure Times:
Check-in time is between 4:00 – 7:00 P.M.
Later arrivals are accommodated – let us know if you’ll be arriving past 7:00 p.m., and we’ll place your key and directions to your room in the Late Check-In mailbox located in the guest parking lot. Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Late check-out is available at a rate of $25 for every 1/2 hour past 11 a.m. You are welcome to leave your car in our parking lot if you would like to spend some time at the beach or walking around the village after check out.
Plenty of free, on-site parking for our guests.
A delicious two-course gourmet breakfast is included in your room rate, consisting of a fresh fruit course, followed by a hot main course. It is served daily in our dining room or on our patio between 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. We are happy to accommodate special dietary needs with advance notice. We also host small group events, such as cocktail parties, teas, lunches, dinners, and elopements. Please contact your Innkeepers for further information.
We are a strictly non-smoking inn. If you do smoke, you may do so in the designated smoking area(s) – just ask for an ashtray from the Innkeepers or staff. Smoking within the inn, patios, or deck will result in an additional $250 fee added to your bill.
Children ages 13 and over are welcome. Our inn accommodations are not suitable for younger children. Regardless of age, if a child is the 3rd guest sharing a room, an additional charge of $35 per day, plus MA State Rooms Tax will be added.
There are many family friendly activities and attractions nearby including a safe, sandy beach, hiking and biking trails galore, an ice cream shop and children’s theater, horseback riding, as well as the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, all within a short distance of the Inn on Main.
Pets (Dogs Only Please):
Your well behaved and fully housebroken pet is welcome at the Inn. A nightly fee of $25.00 per pet will be added to your reservation. Cleaning fees may be incurred if your furry loved one has an accident.
To ensure all our guests have the best possible stay, please adhere to the following Pet Policies:
- Pet Fee of $25.00 per night / per pet charged at time of reservation.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Maximum of two dogs allowed per guestroom.
- Guests traveling with a dog are responsible for any damage incurred in the room or on property.
- Guests must notify Staff and leave contact information if the dog is left unattended in the room.
- Inn on Main is authorized to remove the dog from the room if causing a disturbance to other hotel guests.
- Guests are responsible for picking up after their dog. There is plenty of room at the rear of the property and a waste station is provided for your convenience.
- Dog owners are responsible for any compensation given to other hotel guests due to noise complaints resulting from unattended or barking dogs.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and those that bark, cry, or act aggressively will be asked to leave the property with their owner.
- No attack breeds permitted on the property at any time.
Reservation Minimums, Deposits, and Exclusions:
We have a two (2) night minimum for any stay. Please call or email us to inquire about shorter stays in case we have an opening.
Rates are for single or double occupancy, and do not include the MA State and local rooms taxes of 14.45%, or gratuities. A full breakfast, free high-speed Internet / Wi-Fi, free parking, complimentary beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, coffee, and tea are included in your rate. For our European guests who prefer not to tip directly, we will be happy to add a 3% housekeeping gratuity to your bill for your convenience.
For reservations booked directly through the Inn on Main, a 100% advance deposit for reservations of 1 or 2 nights will be taken at the time of booking. For stays of 3 or more nights, a 1 night deposit is taken at the time of booking, with the final payment applied to your credit card 14 days prior to your arrival. If booking through an online travel partner, a 100% advance deposit payment is required to confirm a stay.
We urge you to read this paragraph carefully. Our Reservation and Cancellation policies have been thought out carefully and are a vital part of managing a small country/beach resort inn. Thank you!
For reservations directly made through our website or by calling us:
- If you booked with us directly and later choose to cancel your confirmed stay with us, we will be happy to refund your deposit in full, as long as you give us more than 14 days’ notice before your arrival date. In some instances – such as group reservations, weddings and special events – an earlier cancellation deadline will apply.
- If you find that you must cancel within two weeks of your arrival date, we will refund your deposit only if we are able to re-rent your room(s), less a $35 processing service fee.
For reservations made through travel partners and third parties:
- Reservations booked through an online travel partner or third party may be canceled and refunded with more than 30 days’ notice prior to your arrival date. Third party cancellations with less than 30 days’ notice are non-refundable.
Although we sympathize with life’s unexpected turns, we recommend that you purchase trip insurance if you are worried about protecting yourself from an occurrence that might cause you a late cancellation. IE: flight delays, inclement weather, illness or death in the family.
We do not issue exchanges of reservation dates, or gift certificates, for late cancellations.
Early departures are regarded as cancellations.